6 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Wed, 2009-09-02 21:04

Hi guys (and girls)

I'm currently working on a game with some guy from Serbia. The game is a music industry simulator where you are to set up your own record label (or play the game with an already existing record label). In the game you'll be able to do everything from managing your business, signing artists and bands, planning promotion, booking tours, releasing records, winning awards and much, much more. The goal is to simulate the music industry as close to reality as possible.
The best part of it all is that it will be a freeware game, so you don't have to pay anything to download it. This also means that we can use stuff from real life, so you can have your band to play at existing venues from all over the world, festivals and manage real-life bands. D-A-D will of course be in the game + thousands of other bands.
So in the game you'll be able to take control of EMI Denmark and try and make D-A-D reach for the stars all over the world! Or you can setup your own label and try and offer them a better contract than EMI Denmark (Or another label) can match!
So far the game features:

5000+ venues from all over the world
600+ festivals from all over the world
3000+ bands from all over the world

and much more

What do you think of the concept of this game, could it be something for you?

I'm not really a programming wiz of any kind and this game is in the very early stages, but I expect the game to be out late 2010 or early 2011... Maybe sooner, I don't know.

Best regards
Klaus

GF

Posted: Wed, 2009-09-02 23:26

sounds interesting Smiley

---------------------------------------

If you want to be missed - then go away...

And some very wise words:
Man with feet on ground, cannot put on shoes

...I'm a GoldFish on a table..

Posted: Thu, 2009-09-03 02:39

Not to shoot your idea down Marlboroman, but there's already a game out called "Rock Manager" that's about the same thing, though it's been some years since it came out. But still, it's pretty cool. But I like your idea too. I think it could turn out to be a great game.

Posted: Thu, 2009-09-03 12:06

Melvin8 - "Rock Manager" is a game where you control a band. In this game you control a record company!

-------------------

There are also two other freeware games called "Chart Wars 3" and "Music Wars: Rebirth" - but the big difference is that our game is much more ambitious than these two!

I'll keep you updated as the game progresses.

Regards
Klaus

A girl phoned me the other day and said "Come on over, there's
nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home.

Manuel's picture
Manuel (not verified)

Posted: Tue, 2018-10-23 00:41

Sorry to revive, but what happened finally with this game?

Posted: Wed, 2018-10-24 09:57

Sadly, but it did not happen... But there are similar games out there;

Chart Wars and Music Wars Rebirth.

A girl phoned me the other day and said "Come on over, there's
nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home.

Add new comment