25 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Wed, 2006-10-25 20:25

Okay, i made this topic after seeing a program about the music week in Copenhagen. They said that it was too bad that some of the top of the top of danish bands wasnt at the week, like Kashmir or the Ravonettes. I dont think its the first time i heard the forgot D-A-D. D-A-D is on a tour in the most of europe and africa too. I dont think neither kashmir or ravonettes is. Why dont they see D-A-D as one of the greatests bands in Denmark? I dont doubt that Kashmir or the ravonettes have a lot of portentionale and make good music too. and the same as other danish bands. But when a band has been here for 20 years, got a world wide contract, is(after my apinion) the best danish band, has just got a european contract and tourned all over europe, recieved the honor price at nordic music award i think it should be a must not to forget D-A-D when some of the best band is mentioned. I know there a many good rock artist like Kashmir, Mew, Tim Christensen and so on... What do you think?

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Wed, 2006-10-25 21:07

I guess they don't know who D-A-D are!!! Honestly it's D-A-D... Everytime I read an interview with Nephew or another Danish Rockband, well then the headline says "DK's biggest rockband"and then I read an interview with D-A-D and the headline says the same..hmm confused yes!

Once again, honestly it's D-A-D.. In my opion it can only be them cause they've been here in more than 20 years.. They still are very succesful and spreading their music all over Europe..

So without doubt D-A-D ARE DK'S BIGGEST ROCKBAND!!

Posted: Wed, 2006-10-25 21:15

Agry so much... im getting sick of hearing Nephew(or any other) called the biggest danish rockband

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Wed, 2006-10-25 21:17

And no Gasolin is NOT Denmarks biggest Rockband, cause the band doesn't excist anymore....

By the way.. found a new name for D-A-D "Legends of Danish Rock"..How does that sound, huh?

Posted: Wed, 2006-10-25 21:30

Good you can feel the respect and proudness when you say it

Posted: Wed, 2006-10-25 23:50

Existing or not, I don't care.. I still think that Dizzy Mizz Lizzy is very close to D-A-D.. One of the biggest bands in Denmark, through the times.

Posted: Wed, 2006-10-25 23:58

I've heard Kashmir & The Ravonettes music thanks to some friends in Denmark. Also Dizzy Mizz Lizzy who I really like, But myself it's D-A-D all the way!

Posted: Thu, 2006-10-26 00:38

I think Kashmir is one of the most overrated groups in DK.... They suck... except the GOOD LIFE album...

Gasolin are the biggest in DK, even tough they don't exist... DAD is the biggest existing... And yes Dizzy was all the way up there.. one of the only Rock bands in DK who managed to sell so many records IN Dk... Plus they were huge in asia!

Posted: Thu, 2006-10-26 09:17

Well, Kashmir and Nephew are big in the sence that their sound is much more like the general popular sound like right now, D-A-D doesn't really fit in there.

It might take some years before this will chance - If you look at it, we're still riding high on that alternative rock and electro-rock wave.

But it doesn't matter, as long as we still enjoy the show! Smiley-laugh

Regards
Klaus

Anonymous's picture
majken c (not verified)

Posted: Thu, 2006-10-26 09:47

I think there's different aspectives of this.

I can understand, why Nephew is in some contexts more popular than D-A-D, because Nephew attract the more younger audience, and their lead singer probably appeal more to the teen girls, than Jesper Binzer. So if the show is meant to earn money on the younger audience (which a lot of entertainment is, I think), then they surely will hire Nephew over D-A-D.

However, I don't see D-A-D in that genre. They're more like a national band - for old as well as young. And I honestly think, that their fans' avarage age is a lot higher than Nephew's.
Think about how many times D-A-D has performed at DMA/Grammy show? or when they performed at "Rock and royal"? And how many times have they played Orange at Roskilde Festival?

So, when D-A-D isn't invited to play MTV-music-week-whatever event, I see it more as a sign of D-A-D hasn't become one of those kliché bands, you see everywhere! And I don't think they ever will - which is a sign of integrety and quality Smiley

So, that being said, I actually like Nephew Smiley-wink

Posted: Thu, 2006-10-26 13:07

Gasolin and dizzy mizz lizzy is rock history..! It was one of denmark's biggest rock band.. so its history now. and Nephew is not a BIG rock band, its only a rock band...

Posted: Thu, 2006-10-26 13:25

There is only one anwser:

DISNEYLAND AFTER DARK
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long live Champen from DK ;)

Posted: Thu, 2006-10-26 13:33

Ofcourse D-A-D is the biggest rockband in Denmark ever, but you can allways discuss which bands you like more that others. Its all a matter of opinion.

Posted: Thu, 2006-10-26 14:19

so as many other says.. D-A-D is Denmark biggest rock band..

Posted: Thu, 2006-10-26 15:32

HolmC - Selling over 100.000 copies of the last album, they're about to fill KB-Hallen for the second time and SCC, Århus is almost sold out, isn't that being big???? Smiley-yawn-more

Regards
Klaus

Posted: Thu, 2006-10-26 15:33

If you wanna know the ansver go and tjeck out this link... http://www.tjeck.dk/index.php?article=1360

Posted: Thu, 2006-10-26 15:44

Yes that is big. but am thinking in other contries to..! Nephew can be bigger than they are now..! But i still think that they are a rock band like many others..! If you understand..

Posted: Thu, 2006-10-26 16:50

If it's about foreign popularity, the only big artists that we've had is Aqua.
If you go to Germany and ask 100 people if they've heard of D-A-D, Kashmir and other EU touring acts you'll be lucky if one or two of them have heard of them.

So internationally only Aqua has made it big in my point of view.

Regards
Klaus

Posted: Thu, 2006-10-26 17:16

Oh you say somthing..! man there is many, if you really start to count on your fingers !

Posted: Thu, 2006-10-26 18:11

Who?

Regards
Klaus

Posted: Thu, 2006-10-26 19:44

Posted: Thu, 2006-10-26 20:58

Well if you take all.. Aqua, D-A-D, Dizzy Mizz Lizzy, Gasolin, and somebody say Nephew, mew, kashmir, The ravonnets, and there is more that i forgot, im am shure...! Soo

Posted: Fri, 2006-10-27 08:24

Well, if we're talking about international success only Aqua has made it big.
D-A-D has only sold some hundredthousands of records outside Scandinavia and I won't consider that being big!
Same deal with the other bands you mention.
In my point of view, Aqua is the only one who has made it big!

Think of it, even when D-A-D peaked back in 1989 they only played at smaller venues around the world, they couldn't fill large arenas. And they still can't outside Denmark.
And on an international scale KB Hallen, Aalborg Hallen, Horsens Forum etc. are peanuts!

Regards
Klaus

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Fri, 2006-10-27 15:52

You forgot Roskilde Festival....

GF

Posted: Fri, 2006-10-27 17:56

The question is, does the band want to be THAT BIG? To be able to fill arena all around the world??
i've got a nice comparement:

This year Rolling Stones played infront of 85.000 ppl. in DK.
D-A-D has previously played infront of as many (if not more) ppl. also in DK.
So D-A-D must be just as big a name as Rolling Stones, atleast in Dk Smiley-wink

About the mtv award show. MTV has never been good at playing D-A-D's videos and I hounestly think D-A-D would be misplaced at an award show like that (with all the motherfucker music and the "1 hit wonders")