25 posts / 0 new
Last post

Posted: Wed, 2003-11-26 14:41

What do think about the new music that are being released these days. I find most of it rather boring and without energy... I miss bands with attitude, bands that show they have fun and want entertain. Most records being released are mostly with a sad sound and the others are just pop... I don't know... I'm bored. I mostly listen to old rock bands to find the energy. I happy that d-a-d still exist they have that energy. Please comment .. What's your point of view....?

Posted: Wed, 2003-11-26 18:38

I agree all the way....
If you watch boogie, most of the video's is some fat black people with some dancing chicks around him singing (talking) some bad rap!!

The new rock as linkin park dosen't even know how to play a solo on a guitar. there music is just noice!!

---------------------------------------

Scare Yourselfish

Posted: Wed, 2003-11-26 18:40

i forget!!!!
the new rock band the darkness does have attitude and plays some rock that sounds a little like old days. i think that they are a little like d-a-d!

Scare Yourselfish

Posted: Wed, 2003-11-26 18:50

The voice of the dude from The Darkness sometimes gets on my nerves. I usually only listen to one or two tracks, then I need a break. But I think their music is awesome and their videos are like so funny. I always laugh when I see them.

Mind you, the brothers are HOT. And I'm not talking brothers as in rap, but brothers as in the brothers in The Darkness. Yum Yum.

Excuse me, I think I'm drooling.

Ég var svartklædd þegar ég var handtekin

Posted: Wed, 2003-11-26 19:28

Tim C and Kashmir have some attitude and they are good...

Posted: Wed, 2003-11-26 20:08

I agree to a certain extent. There's a lot of serial produced music of various quality, made quickly just to make money. However, that doesn't mean the music is bad, does it?

And just because a guitarist can't play a solo doesn't nessecarily mean the music is bad, does it? If the music is not based on soli, it won't suffer from not having them...

That's my idea, anyway. Let's get some discussion... prove me wrong!

Je suis Lasse... qui le fuck étes-vous?

Posted: Wed, 2003-11-26 20:26

I'm a guitarist, and I agree with the person, who said the first thing about The Darkness. They remind me of Led Zeppelin and Queen, which are two of my favourite bands. I simply don't undestand why everyone loves Linkin' Park, for crying out loud, that "guitarist" can hardly play a single powerchord! And what is that scratching guy doing? These noises belong to techno not rock. It's the same thing with Limp Bizkit, they just piss me even more off. Fred Durst is probbably the worst song-writer in the world. (Keep rolling rolling rolling rolling... the worst rock song ever?) Their version of the good old The Who classic Behind Blue Eyes sucks too. They could not play the solo, so they just put some techno shit in it instead.

"With an excuse and a bow; I'll be playing it now!"
By GoP

"A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain"
-Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)

Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Thu, 2003-11-27 00:03

I agree and one thing I don't like is NU-Metal , but of course one song here or there passes by ... and The Darkness is pretty cool and funny... but I've only heard and seen the video which is hot now ...

JPV

Posted: Thu, 2003-11-27 14:31

Hello everyone

What about bands like The Donnas, Beautiful Creatures, Bubble, The Black Halos, Dog Days, Brides Of Destruction, Backyard Babies, Hardcore Superstar, Gluecifer, Shakra, Skew Siskin, The D4, Sahara Hotnights, The Star Spangles, MXPX, ... and many others that I don't remember right now?

New bands are not all nu-metal shit. There are still numerous goods bands around, especialy in Scandinavia.

Keep your eyes and ears open !

Jean-Pierre

jaypee

Posted: Thu, 2003-11-27 17:46

Donna's my ass (sorry!!!)

Scare Yourselfish

Posted: Fri, 2003-11-28 09:37

Of course there is some bands nowadays who make different music, with energy and so on. But in generel I see a lack of entusiasm.... The Darkness have tried make something different and with and I think it's the efford worth...

"each of us is a can of tomato"

Posted: Fri, 2003-11-28 19:58

Just remember, everybody, that it's not always the best musicians that makes the best music.

Posted: Fri, 2003-11-28 20:21

Lasse, oh yeah?
I REALLY disagree. The main thing in music is if the musicians know how to play their instruments. There is so many good guitarists, bassists and drummers out there, that does not make a penny on their skills and tallent, while guys like Limp and Linkin, who just picked up their instrument and said: "Hey, dude these things can make sound!" Good musicians are simply not apreciated anymore! And what is that pap thing for, buy the way? I guess it's something like "Hey great, dude, I can't sing but nobody cares now coz I'm a rapper!"

"With an excuse and a bow; I'll be playing it now!"
By GoP

"A daily dose of eMpTyV will flush your mind right down the drain"
-Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)

Posted: Fri, 2003-11-28 20:29

Well, it's just my opinion...

What I mean with "good music" is not if it's well performed. When I say good music, I mean something that I want to listen to. I recognize that Santana may be a brilliant guitarist, but the music he makes is just so boooring.
Therefore, this discussion is very much about taste and preferences.

Just because you're a guitar expert, that doesn't mean you know how to make a good song. If a lesser musician puts an effort into a song, I believe he can make as brilliant music as the expert can.

And yeah, I like Linkin Park. Smiley

Posted: Sat, 2003-11-29 00:07

I'm sooo disapointed in you Lasse... ; )

I've bought The Darkness album permission to land.... and some of it is great and really funny to listen to.... but another part of it ( too big a part if you ask me) is really bad.... somewhat boring and not even amusing.... i hate linkin park and most nu-metal. But I don't listen exclusively to old rock... just bought tim c's album too.... Conclusion being: a lot of todays popular rock/metal (whatever) sucks but some is just as great as some of the old stuff... (Real smooth huh? )

Black Cricket

-Who's Zed?
- Zed's dead baby!

Posted: Sat, 2003-11-29 10:50

Hey There!

D-A-D are one thees bands there still have much energy!

But also Kashmir and Tim C have much energi!

try to listen to Jesper's solo project The Whiteouts there are also much of engery

So dansih music still have good bands!

but yes i miss bands some Queen, Led Zeppelin...................

But we have D-A-D!!!!

Check my band: www.myspace.com/rightupyouralleyband

And we hope you'll give a comment or two!

Posted: Sat, 2003-11-29 14:02

I think that bands like The Hellacopters, Backyard babies, The Sounds and Turbonegro stays into the "Energy list" very well.

Rock on!

Posted: Sun, 2003-11-30 21:19

I agree with "grow or pay" all the way.
a couple of years ago i begon to play guitar and after i have learned much about a guitar i have begon to look at how good the musicians are and if they can play a solo. it is important for me that the band is creative and not just makes "main stream music".

Bands like linkin park sounds a little like tecno and i hate techno the most.

I like when bands make long songs where they are Playing long solo's.

i love d-a-d for there creativitet and how they switch between the styles: Heavy, Hard Rock, ballad Rock, Country rock, punk and so on.......

Scare Yourselfish

GF

Posted: Mon, 2003-12-01 08:49

My Impression is that most album reviewers, review the album like this: Is it good songs? Of course they should do, but I feel like they don't notice THE MUSIC itself. D-A-D really put a lot in the little detail in their songs, and not so many bands do they anymore. I wouldn't say that a good musician is judged by his/hers songwriting, but also how they play/perform the song. If a song's a hit, then it's hit, but even bad/boring songs can be really great made.. But I guess too, it's a matter of taste.
One last thing: Sure it would be great to hear some solos from new artist.. Is it really such an "old art" to be able to perform a solo? Not all songs should contain it, but stil..

*From the mind of a Dane*
GF

If you want to be missed - then go away...

And some very wise words:
Man with feet on ground, cannot put on shoes

...I'm a GoldFish on a table..

Anonymous's picture
Crappe The Hone... (not verified)

Posted: Mon, 2003-12-01 09:41

Whatever?

Posted: Mon, 2003-12-01 11:54

Music can be good even though you can't play. Of course you need the basic, but I think a good song comes from the nergy within a group. If you are good at playing you might be better at expressing the feelnigs and thoughts you have and what ideas you have with your music...

"each of us is a can of tomato"

Posted: Mon, 2003-12-01 14:10

I have to agree with some of your points here. I think that all these "nu-metal" "bands" are somewhat bad. I can listen to Korn song or a System of a Down song, but it´s not my type of music. You are right, they can´t even play a goddamn guitar solo (except for Godsmack) and their lyrics are mostly crap. Nu-metal doesn´t mean anything to me, but I think some of have a good energy. I don´t know if you have seen af Nine Inch Nails show, but the energy they bring out onstage is awesome, it´s destructive. Nine Inch Nails is not a nu-metal band, but they play "modern music". Many of the new bands only play to be cool and get some money, but in the process they also make themselves look soooo stupid( Just take a look at Limb Bizkit). Well... enuff bitchin´´bout bad music

"I'm one hell of a kid, I must be God's favourite"
"Long live Rock"
- Pete Townshend

Posted: Wed, 2003-12-03 19:20

Well I think DAD the most important thing fore a band is to have energy and an attitude. They have to be creative. The thing regarding to if they are good at playing their instruments is not DAD important.
I hope you all have read the Disneyland After Dark bible, "Brændstof til drenge drømme" - well then you know DAD music is a woyage - at start even Disneyland After Dark wasn´t DAD good at playing their instruments - but they had fuel - and energy. Though they are very good at playing their instrument´s now (and have been since end of their Riskin´ it all tour and espesially since their Simpatico album) wich genneral was more tecnical difficult to play.
Please remember DAD Tim is not a newcommer, (easy - I don´t like his new music - the old was much better and energetic - though a bit like new metal).
My favorite "new" bands are: Cardigans, Green Day.

Helpyourselfish

Hans Obbekjær Christensen

Posted: Thu, 2003-12-04 18:07

one thing about punk it's the whole idea to play bad!!!!

In d-a-d there are to who can play really good: Cobber og Laust.

Jesper always say he can't play guitar and stig only uses to string's all though that is very cool but i don't i don't think it is very musicals or whatever it's called....

Stig has allways been the entertainer in the band and cobber the musician but after laust came in the band a think they have 2 Musicians!!!!

Scare Yourselfish

Posted: Thu, 2003-12-04 20:55

Yes I know, but they also simply got better and better musicans technically. One can state DAD they weren´t DAD good before because they simply didn´t wan´t play DAD good, because of the contrypunk. I think DAD they also simply got better. I have read DAD Jacob did try to hide DAD he was good. I know DAD Stig is proud DAD he played the demanding Helpyourselfish album with the two stringed bas. We know DAD Laust did atend the musicuniversity. Well DAD is my point of wiew.

Hans Obbekjær Christensen

Add new comment