25 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Sat, 2005-06-11 12:47

Great concert, but too short. Only 75 min.. and one big disapointment: they didn't play the last two songs on the playlist.. why?

Posted: Sat, 2005-06-11 16:16

Hi, which ones they did not play? Cheers Joachim

Anonymous's picture
czk (not verified)

Posted: Sat, 2005-06-11 16:41

I saw the list when they removed it from the stagefloor.. I didnt get a good look, but the last song on the list was "I wont cut my hair"...I am not sure about the other.

Makes me wonder why the didnt play them, coz the atmosphere was awsome.

A "crew" told me DAD were not too happy about the stage... real hot and small.

Great concert anyway!

Xtras:
Jackieo
Riding with Sue
Everything glows
Bad Crazyness

Posted: Sat, 2005-06-11 16:48

hey..i've been wondering, why is it that the guys loves to pay Jackie O...i have never heard about Jackie O live....very strange song, and very strange playing it live...

Anonymous's picture
czk (not verified)

Posted: Sat, 2005-06-11 16:56

Agree, maybe it's because its one of the old songs that has some speed to it?

They played one of my favorites, after I had been screaming and begging for it:
Riding with Sue!

Dont think my screams for it made a difference though.

Posted: Sat, 2005-06-11 17:32

You forgot that they played nineteenhundredandyesterday

Slaughter's picture

Posted: Sun, 2005-06-12 02:53

My first D-A-D concert, and it was great! I was a little disappointed that they didn't play Sleeping My Day Away or one of the other older great hits after playing through Scare Yourself however. Now well, great fun anyway!

Posted: Sun, 2005-06-12 09:45

Talle: No it is not... they played Jackie O on the " Soft dogs tour"...... and i think it was very cool that they are playing a very old song now, and not just "Riding with Sue" and "It's after dark"

Posted: Sun, 2005-06-12 11:18

Yes, or Marlboro man - which they did for many, many years...

Posted: Sun, 2005-06-12 17:36

My 2nd D-A-D concert. I have been a huge fan since 1990. I have been lucky enough to have been to 100's of gigs and have seen the best.

At the Olso gig on the 10.06.2005 D-A-D showed why they are one of the best live bands around. I thought the music was great and the new album is Brilliant. As every D-A-D album is. But I have never been to a more disapointing gig as that Oslo show. I can agree that the place was small, but it gave a special chance to see a great bad live ina small place. When the lights went on, Everyone was visibly disapointed that Sleeping my Day Away. Its After Dark, Laugh and a Half and many others were not played over some of the tracks from the new album, As good as it is. Its fine a play every track form a new album (but 1 as far as I remember) if not a little strange as I have never experienced that before. But nothing from Soft Dogs. Nothing from Every thing glows. Nothing from Sympatico. Nothing. 1 song from Riskin' it all. 1 form Helpyourselfish. Some guys close to me were saying that it was a bit much to play the whole new album and they were getting bored as they had only heard it once or twice. I enjoyed it until they went off and realized we were running out of time and would not get to here all of the classics. Its like Dire Staits not doing Sultans of Swing or Iron Maiden not doing Iron Maiden. Those are the songs that made the band and even though the band has played them a 1000 times. Thats what the fans want to here. The D-A-D gig I went to in Malmo in 2000 was one of the best shows I have ever been to and this was certainly, Not the worst, but definatly the most disapointing.

I would love to know why the band played the way they did.

I will be at a the next tour and I will buy the new albums the day they come out. D-A-D will always be one of my favorite bands. A band that is fresh with every new record and still stick to their gun and play what they want and give the fans good music, But lets see a change in that play list and play the hits.

D-A-D. You rock but I feel cheated. I do not expect them to play my favorites, but I do expect them to play everyone elses. The people who have bought the CD's and have put them in the fortunate posittion they are in. Rock Stars. Driving 3 hours down. staying in a hotel and driving 3 hours back for that was not worth it.

Sem

Posted: Sun, 2005-06-12 17:43

Hi Scottyrottan

The issue concerning the hits has been a disappointment for several scandinavian fans. I'm sorry that you had the same feeling after the gig.

Do you remember what song they played from Helpyourselfish?

Smiley-pirate

/Sem

Posted: Sun, 2005-06-12 17:46

I think it was helpyourseflish, but I cannot be 100% sure.

Anyone else remember?

Slaughter's picture

Posted: Sun, 2005-06-12 17:52

Posted: Sun, 2005-06-12 17:57

Sorry guys and girls, but I think the tour is so fucking good (ok, i wasnt in oslo) but in helsinki they played new album from 1-11, and i enjoyed for 110% !!! I understand your point, but i would be fucked up if they'd played only couple new songs....DAD you're the best, whatever other says..!! Luv you!!! Kiss!!!

Posted: Sun, 2005-06-12 18:02

It seems I may be woring about some of the songs played, I did not see the set list, but still...
1900&yesterday was amazing now I remember.

Posted: Sun, 2005-06-12 18:04

EDIT can seem to get the edit to work)

It seems I may be wrong about some of the songs played, I did not see the set list, but still...
1900&yesterday was amazing now I remember.

Posted: Sun, 2005-06-12 18:04

Scottyrottan >> How can you say that "every fan wants to hear these songs" and you then list some??

You start out by saying that youve seen dad hundreds og times. If that is so, why aren't you glad that you heard something that you wouldn't usually hear?

When I'm attending concerts with bands I'm really in to, I get kinda annoyed if they just play the same predictable crowdpleasers. I'd rather hear songs from their backcatologue than the same as always.
I am aware of the fact that you are complaining because they didn't play enough from the backcatalogue, but are you not happy that you experienced dad play something rahter unpredictable? Played something that they aren't going to play the next time they are visiting your city?
These clubgigs was a very special dad event.

I myself went to the concert at Loppen, and it was one of the aboslute best dad concerts I ever attended.

Gods favoritee's picture

Posted: Sun, 2005-06-12 18:14

Hi Scottyrottan

I don`t think you should look at the concerts as a real tour. They choosed to play smal concerts at small places to promote the new album.
I think the great thing was to see them at a very smal place. They will be back on a real tour in the fall, and I guess the concerts will then last the usual 2½-3 hours, with a mix of old songs hits and new songs.

Posted: Sun, 2005-06-12 21:14

Fabriz.

I said I have been to 100's of gigs, not D-A-D gigs.

Ive seen D-A-D 2 times! I can say that because everyone was saying it. And yes Gods favorite. It is a proper tour as thay are promoting an Album. (0% of gigs you will ever go to are to promote a new album and the classic are played at the end of the show. Unfortunatly, there are not many bands like Iron Maiden that go on tour and only play old stuff. It is an Album tour and then you play the greats. I was not the only disapointed one, there was many. You could hear it and see it in people reactions and body Language.

What ever the reason is, I would like to know. I just know there were alot of upset fans there and I think we are owed an explaination.

I never said it was not good, I just said it was disapointing. I and all of the others were waiting for Its After Dark. Just as if you go and see U2 you expect New years day. Bruce Springsteen will play Born to Run.

They do not have to play them but it is just taken that they will. Its just the way things are done. Its not written anywhere, its just always has and always will be like that! But D-A-D chose for some reason not to.

This is not my opinion, It is the opinions of many people that I spoke to after. I am just writing it here.

Anonymous's picture
zcmi pilgrim (not verified)

Posted: Sun, 2005-06-12 21:16

I totally agree with Scottyrottan! This was my 4th (and definitely last) DAD gig. I\\\\\\\'ve been a fan since the 80\\\\\\\'s. but haven\\\\\\\'t gotten the chance to buy the new album yet.
The concert was an extreme disappointment, as they didn\\\\\\\'t play any of the good old songs that made me a fan in the first place. Not that the new songs didn\\\\\\\'t sound any good, and obviously they had to play some of them, but what a rip-off, when me and my friends were there to hear all the good old songs. We were in a far better mood before the concert started than we were afterwards.
Sorry DAD, this was just not good enough!

Posted: Sun, 2005-06-12 21:16

I should say 90% not (0%!!!

Anonymous's picture
K-man (not verified)

Posted: Tue, 2005-06-14 15:46

Seriously...all of you loved the gig at John Dee?
I thought they performed on autopilot…no enthusiasm…
And playing through the whole new album seems a bit arrogant!
We all love the classics…give us a break!

Posted: Tue, 2005-06-14 16:04

John Dee was great. Despite the setlist they delivered a great gig
!

Posted: Tue, 2005-06-14 16:11

Ou Dear......I woudn't mind to see 10 more gigs with only new album songs...they rocks, AND, even nostalgia is nice and remember the time when I was young and beautiful, PLEASE, move on and enjoy!!!!! hihihih =)

Anonymous's picture
d.a.dhead (not verified)

Posted: Wed, 2005-06-15 07:34

Wrong man! Not every gig is a promo-gig for the latest album. A promo-gig is a dealsponsored-gig that is only ment to be hyping a bands latest release, therefore bands often just plays new songs promoing. The gigs are ment to be special for anyone intrested. D:A:D will be back this fall and play for several hours, mixing olds and presents. Just like an average concert you mentioned. This was a specialcase and it has, I promise, been done before, booth by D:A:D and others. Usually the audience is special-invited for events like this, lets be happy thats not the case with this band.