6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous's picture
Anonymous (not verified)

Posted: Fri, 2005-06-17 13:33

I´ve just read the biography about D-A-D again recently, and one thing struck me:

the band says that ´Wild Talk´ is their number hate song (the asshole of No Fuel ...) and Jesper (when listening to Osaka After Dark again) has called the song pop, pop, pop ..... But why on Earth did the band then write a cheesy boring pop song like ´Golden Way´ and ´Un Frappe Sur La Téte´ which is much more ´pop´ than ´Wild Talk´??!

That´s a mystery to me.

Posted: Fri, 2005-06-17 13:47

First of all.... Golden way and Un frappe... are not pop songs... Un frappe is a funny rocker with a kick in the ass. Golden way is a ballad, not pop!
Why write cheesy songs... Because when you make them, you think it's the coolest material you've ever had between your hands. But when it's on the record, and when you have played the song live a few times you may realise that the song isn't that good after all.
And an album can't contain sole hits and earhangers. It has to be a bumpy ride a few times, that's the facinating thing about listening to an album.

Regards
Klaus

Anonymous's picture
ManWithTheMost (not verified)

Posted: Fri, 2005-06-17 14:03

You hit the point MarlboroMan! It would be boring to listen same kind of "best song" ten times in a record.

Posted: Fri, 2005-06-17 16:32

Well, I would definitely call ´Golden Way´ a pop song and ´Un Frappe...´ has a chorus which is much more pop like than ´Wild Talk´ but that´s just my opinion.

Do you think these two Soft Dogs-songs are actually better than this cool No Fuel-track11-rocker?

Posted: Fri, 2005-06-17 19:48

I would'nt compair them!

Posted: Sun, 2005-06-19 20:28

Memory has a point. I think that Wild talk contains one of the coolest textlines D-A-D have ever written: "I might like you better, if we slept together". Its rock and roll.
The "Soft Dogs" album is allmost a pop-album